[Groff] Footnotes in paragraph format

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: [Groff] Footnotes in paragraph format
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:37:46 -0700

I am curious if it is possible to cause the footnotes to format in a paragraph form instead of a line by line form. What I mean by that is:

1) Footnote number 1 2) Number 2 3) Number 3

instead of

1) Footnote number 1
2) Number 2
3) Number 3

I have a document with many textual criticism notes and most are simply "Or good", "Or bad" etc... Some pages have upwards of 30 or so footnotes.

If the current footnote macros will not do it, is is possible to create a package that would?

Thanks,

Jeremy