RE: [Groff] delayed

From: Mohammad Razwan
Subject: RE: [Groff] delayed
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:02:49 +0100

>The simplest (but by no means really simple) way to do this is to delay
>printing the header until the bottom-of-page macro (all the stuff that
>happens when the end-of-page is reached, but before the next page is
>started). In ms macros, this takes place in the macro ".BT". You will
>have to find what corresponds to this in the macro package you are using.
>Having found it, you then have to re-write it (you can simply place the
>new version at the beginning of the document; it will overwrite what the
>original macro paclage said). The tricky part is to print the header in
>the right place, which involves a motion back up to the top of the page
>into the header margin. You can use
>
>   \v'|Vplace'u\h'|Hplace'u

First of all: thanks are in order for both yourself and Tadziu. I'll give your
suggestions a try.

Second: I am using -ms, would it not be easier to call .PT from .BT after
suitably modifying .PT and .BT. And what about marking the place in macro
address@hidden where .PT is normally called and then returning there from .BT

I tried that the other day and I couldn't get that to work. Is that something
to do with .PT being called in an environment, or maybe I just made a mistake?

Finally, I noted the same "mistake" the other day from a textbook done in troff
that the current header did not reflect the situation on the current page,
unless it was intended that way.

In which American state is Cape Canaveral, a launching site for space travel?
Find out at postmaster.co.uk

http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=178