Re: [Groff] tables that span multiple pages

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] tables that span multiple pages
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:38:09 -0400

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 07:01 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi! I'm using GNU troff and tbl. Is there a quick way of creating
> postscript files of tables which automatically span several pages if
> the
> file is too long? Can the table header be repeated on each page?

Look at the tbl manual at http://www.kohala.com/start/troff/v7man/tbl/tbl.ps.
Multipage tables are discussed at the top of p. 7.  NB: only the -ms macros
are said to have support for the .TH macros (for repeated table headers) --
perhaps this was the only macro set in currency at the time (1976!); in fact,
in modern groff, -ms, -mm and -me all support multi-page tables.

Robert.