Re: [Groff] ellipsis and tty output (buglet)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] ellipsis and tty output (buglet)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:46:37 +0200 (CEST)

> \[u2026] uses the ellipsis in the text font, but:
>
> 1. It is not documented in groff_char.7

This is correct.  There has never been a groff glyph name for the
ellipsis character.

> 2. It should be replaced in tty-char.tmac for ... except for the
> UTF-8 driver\[u2026] :-)

Hmm, I'm not sure whether I will do this -- there are many Unicode
characters which could be represented in ASCII: Where shall I stop?

There is an easy solution for your problem.  Put the following into
your document:

  .schar \[u2026] ...

If neither the current font nor its special fonts have \[u2026]
defined, use `...' instead.