Re: [Groff] Splitting groff's html output?

From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: Re: [Groff] Splitting groff's html output?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:38:50 -0400 (EDT)

Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote

> At 10:07 a.m. 21/06/2003, Dorai Sitaram wrote:
> >Are there any scripts that would aid in obtaining a
> >bunch of smaller, interlinked html files from the
> >one big html file generated by groff -Thtml?
>
> Have you tried with tidy? http://tidy.sourceforge.net/. It has an option to
> split large html files by sections.

Thanks, I will take a look at it.  For the moment, I
have rolled my own tiny vim script that will
split groff -Thtml generated html files.  If anyone's
interested, it's in
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/~dorai/gsplithtml/gsplithtml.html.

It works all right on the pic.html included in
the groff distribution.

This is probably a job canonically performed with sed,
but I gave up and used vim's ex mode to encode all the
requied transformations.

--dorai