[Groff] Re: tbl query

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: [Groff] Re: tbl query
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:08:22 -0400

OK, the problem with justifying text blocks *is* due to an infelicity in -me.
.TS switches into environment 1 to set the table, by means of the internal
macro address@hidden which takes over to the new environment most of the
typesetting
information (point size, font, indent etc.) but *NOT* adjustment.  This can
be trivially fixed by altering the definition of the @C macro to:

.de @C
.nr _S \\n(.s
.nr _V \\n(.v
.nr _F \\n(.f
.nr _J \\n(.j
.do ds _A \\n[.fam]
.nr _I \\n(.i
.ev \\$1
.ps \\n(_S
.vs \\n(_Vu
.ft \\n(_F
.ad \\n(_J
.do @fam \\*(_A
'in \\n(_Iu
.xl \\n($lu
.lt \\n($lu
.rr _S
.rr _V
.rr _F
.rr _I
.rr _J
.ls 1
'ce 0
..

-me also switches into environment 1 for displays and blockquotes.  Minimal
testing suggests that this alteration doesn't have any catastrophic
side-effects on these elements...  Should e.tmac itself be modified in this
way, so that its treatment of tables conforms to that of the other macro
sets?

R.
--
Robert Goulding