Re: [Groff] Bugs in grohtml

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bugs in grohtml
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:06:04 +0200

On Fri May 30 23:10:27 2003, address@hidden wrote:

> > > I was frustrated a while back trying to compile the CVS groff for
> > > Mac OS X, when fink (unix utils for OS X) had not yet upgraded to
> > > the latest texinfo, and the texinfo source itself would not
> >       ^^^^^^
> > > compile without
> >
> > "Latest" is the keyword here.  It's frustrating that groff needs a
> > bleeding edge version (as in "not in Debian Woody" ;-) of texinfo.
>
> I don't think so.  Tell me a reason why I should use old versions of
> tools which eventually don't show up at all in a release tarball! ...

Well, I think if you did, we'd see fewer RTFM-type questions here, and
possibly more people contributing to the documentation.  Even if it's just
because some (including me) are too lazy or uncoordinated to grab a
prebuilt version of the manual, or upgrade texinfo.

(And just to state the obvious: these whinings are just minor
complaints. If I didn't believe in groff I wouldn't be here.)

regards,
Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "And then the design was ignored, and small children
\X/ <address@hidden>  with crayons were given the O'Reilly Perl books and