Re: Readability of troff documents (Was: [Groff] Bug in gxditview)

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: Readability of troff documents (Was: [Groff] Bug in gxditview)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:30:52 -0500

At 12:34 p.m. 23/05/2003, Gaius Mulley wrote:
"Alejandro Lopez-Valencia" <address@hidden> writes:

> At 10:21 a.m. 23/05/2003, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>
> >Nevertheless it would be great to have a pseudo dreamweaver front end
> >(lyx) for producing groff allowing new users to edit the troff or edit
> >the wysiwyg. I wonder whether this could be done in Python?
>
> Sure! Take a close look at http://docutils.sourceforge.net/.

Thanks, good to see someone is on the case!

Now, someone has to write the back-end to groff... (I don't feel that qualified! But I'll try :-)

Searching through my backups I've found what I wanted to mention this morning. There is a tool at http://pyds.muensterland.org/ that can take a ReST source file and send an html file for previewing. I haven't used it at all but it could be an interesting path to follow into developing a WYSIWYG tool.