Re: [Groff] mom problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom problems
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:05:34 +0200 (CEST)

> Having the version file contain 1.(N+1) only for the brief moment
> the release is made and CVS tagged, and having it contain something
> indicating `CVS du jour' for the rest of the time, would avoid this.
> If the file contained `1.N plus some CVS changes' then we'd have
> some idea of what they were using.

The best solution I've seen until now is used with pfaedit.  Each
time the author checks something in, he also changes a timestamp file
which contents is printed at start-up time:

  address@hidden:~> pfaedit
  Copyright © 2000-2003 by George Williams.
   Executable based on sources from 11:36 28-4-2003.

I'm too lazy to do that for groff, and usually people using CVS
report bugs of recent snapshots.