Re: [Groff] mom problems

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom problems
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:58:55 -0400

On Thu, May 22, 2003, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>   .return \}
>
> and
>
>   .return \"
>
> were also treated as arguments.  This is fixed now.

This reminds me of something I meant to point out a long time ago.

I use the following styles a lot:

    .de <macro>
    .   if <condition> \{\
    .      <request>
    .   \}
    ..

and

    .de <macro>
    .   if <condition> \{ .<request> \}
    ..

They really help keep macros legible.  However, whenever I run
groff with "-b -w right-brace", they produce an awful lot of false

    "Use of \} where a number was expected"

messages.  I've grown used to it, but shouldn't this (can this?) be
fixed sometime?

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)