[Groff] pfbtops is broken

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: [Groff] pfbtops is broken
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:07:00 -0500

Hmm... pfbtops 1.19.1 can't process any pfb file in my system, it reads the text header and bails out at the beginning of the binary eexec with "pfbtops: first byte of packet not 0x80". I just tried it with the font at CTAN:fonts/psfonts/i-ching and, to make sure, with the fonts included with Acrobat Reader 5 *and* with the fonts available at my home page, http://dradul.tripod.com/. It is a no go. The binary from 1.18.1 I have around, does work as expected.