Re: [Groff] Combining portrait and landscape tables in the one document.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Combining portrait and landscape tables in the one document.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:17:58 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm using groff in combination with tbl to produce reports out of a
> database.  These reports can span quite a number of pages.  In one
> particular report I am wanting to produce a summary table in
> landscape where as the rest of the report is in portrait. The summay
> table spans two to three pages in landscape mode. Landscape is
> required because of the column widths needed for the report to
> remain legible.
>
> I have tried using \X'ps: exec 90 rotate' but it only changes that
> of the first page of a table the second page reverts back to
> portrait.

You haven't tried hard enough :-)  See below for a solution which
works with -ms.

.nr ps-x-off (-\n[.p])
.nr ps-y-off 0
.
.pl (\n[LL]u + \n[HM]u + \n[FM]u)
.
.TS H
tab(;);
|cw(2.5i)|cw(2.5i)|cw(2.5i)|.
\X'ps: exec -90 rotate \n[ps-x-off] u \n[ps-y-off] u translate'
.in 0
.sp -1                  \" undo vertical effect of \X
.TH
Boring;data;here.
Boring;data;here.
Boring;data;here.