[Groff] Need help with package creation

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] Need help with package creation
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:37:47 -0400

I'm trying to build a MacOS X package for groff 1.19, and I obviously didn't
go about it the right way.

        ./configure --prefix=/Users/kollar/Projects/groff-1.19/pkg/usr CXX=g++2
        make install

So far so good, it compiled and installed into the subdirectory (after creating the directory!). Running a couple of random tests went well. So I built the
package and copied it over to another Mac. The install went OK, but when
I tried to run anything it was all "can't find DESC" and so forth. Setting
environment variables fixed it.

Obviously, groff is picking up the install directory and using it as the default environment. Is there any way to decouple the install prefix & environment prefix, so I can install groff into a clean directory & build the package? Am I
making any sense at all?
--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"