RE: [Groff] Looking for the source to bib(1)

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Looking for the source to bib(1)
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:39:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 06-May-03 Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> > Since I'm not satisfied with refer, I thought I'd try
> > its early 1980s replacement: Timothy A. Budd's bib
>
> I have one from 1998 (bib.tar.Z); it's 90KB. I'm mailing it to
> you, Jörgen, but if anyone else would like a copy plase let me
> know.

I have a copy on my computer at home, which I am sure is the same as
Ted's.  But I have never got it successfully to run on my Linux boxes.  It
compiles (IIRC) without errors, but segfaults whenever it is invoked.  If
you manage to update the source so that it runs properly on a modern
machine, please let us all know.  (Do you think we could resurrect the
contrib directory on ffii,org?)

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding