Re: [Groff] revisited: vertical text turned by 90 degree

From: Ralph Graulich
Subject: Re: [Groff] revisited: vertical text turned by 90 degree
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:36:58 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Werner,

many thanks for your fast answer.

> It seems that you simply lack definitions of `.PS' and `.PE'.  For
> example, the ms macros provide suitable ones.  If I run your document
> with
>   groff -pt -ms ped.troff > ped.ps

I'm using the .PS/.PE macro of the mm macro package, which means I am
running it with

        groff -ma4 -ww -etp -mm ped.troff > ped.ps

as according to the manpage, the mm macro package provides .PS/.PE
definitons. Your suggestion using the ms package works and looks different
in regard of the column width, as you stated.

Any ideas why the ms package seems to work, alas the mm package doesn't?

Kind regards
... Ralph ...