Re: [Groff] vpt request in diversions

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] vpt request in diversions
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 00:54:25 -0400

> > What is the reason I can't disable and then re-enable vertical
> > position traps within a diversion?
> >
> > .da FOO
> > \!.vpt 0
> > <stuff that goes in the diversion>
> > \!.vpt 1
> > ..
> >
> > disables the traps (.vpt 0), but .vpt 1 is not turning them back
> > on.

Problem solved.  Purely my fault.  By accident (inattentiveness?),
I was re-enabling the footer trap one line *after* the spot where
it would normally be invoked.  The result was that groff kept on
processing the page since the trap had been already been passed.
Took me two days to spot that one.  Duh!

| I've spoken to some people who think Governor George W. Bush   |
| is "doing the right thing."  Consider the following quote from |
| Bush, Jr.:                                                     |
|     "Redefining the role of the United States from             |
|      enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep            |
|      the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an             |
|      assignment."                                              |
| How could a man capable of such an utterance *ever* do the     |
| right thing?                                                   |

PTPi
Peter Schaffter
320 Gordon Street
Fergus, Ontario
CANADA  N1M 2W3

A confirmed GNU/Linuxer. Sorry, I don't do Windows.