Re: [Groff] vim syntax files

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] vim syntax files
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:29:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Folks,
>
> I've taken over the maintenance of the n/groff syntax files included in the
> vim distribution. Sooo, feel free to send your patches this way.

This is great news! the vim syntax file has rather fallen behind groff
development.  The most egregious flaw of vim's groff support is that the
groff.vim file does not contain the essential line

let n:nroff_is_groff=1

so that nroff.vim does not, by default, recognize long macro names etc.

> I am particularly interested in help with writing syntax files for the
> preprocessors.

I'll be happy to contribute...

R.