Re: [Groff] Reinventing the refer(1) wheel

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Reinventing the refer(1) wheel
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:30:23 +0200

On Sun Apr 13 16:30:38 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> hacking a .bst file.  Speaking of which, there is no necessary connection
> between Bibtex and LaTeX - wouldn't it be possible to write a .bst file to
> output troff macros instead of TeX ones?  Has anyone ever tried it?

Part of the problem, I guess, is that BibTeX entries tend to contain LaTeX
escapes
("de~Geer"), and refer entries tend to contain troff escapes ("de\0Geer").

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "And then the design was ignored, and small children
\X/ <address@hidden>  with crayons were given the O'Reilly Perl books and