[Groff] GroffDingbats: type 1 font with glyphs used by groff

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: [Groff] GroffDingbats: type 1 font with glyphs used by groff
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:26:55 -0500

Sometime ago I had major difficulties making the ZDR synthetic pointing hand left work as expected (read: it ain't aligned!). So, instead of playing with horizontal movements, I butchered the Dingbats font that comes with GNU Ghostscript and created a small font that contains only the dingbats used by g/troff. I have sit long enough on the results and it is time to let it go out into the world.

The font is covered by the same license as the original URW++ donation (GPL plus embedding freedom exception). Feel free to use in whatever way you wish (even including it in groff's distro... ;-) Drop files in your site-fonts/devps directory, add to your download file and load as replacement of ZD and ZDR in your documents.

Enjoy!