[Groff] groff: couldn't exec grotty...

From: Patrick Mauro
Subject: [Groff] groff: couldn't exec grotty...
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 23:24:53 -0800

Hi,
I hope this is the right mailing list...

I've recently started having some issues and I think they come back to
groff.

Whenever I try to view a man page I get the error:
groff: couldn't exec grotty: Input/output error.

I've also gotten input/output errors (differenty wording) when starting
evolution and emerging mplayer.

I'm using gentoo, and have groff 1.18.1 installed.
I have gcc 3.2.2.

I'm not sure what to do.  I've even trying going back to groff 1.16 and
I still get the error.  I don't know what could have set this off...

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
-Patrick.