[Groff] Bug in -mm?

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: [Groff] Bug in -mm?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:38:29 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to write 2-column text with single-column (`wide') footnotes.
It seems that thiis request should work:

.WC WF -FF -WD FB

This gives wide footnotes, but the footnotes in the second column start
halfway across the page, overlapping those in the first, and then running
off the end of the page; there is also a second footnote separator
printed.  I would expect the 2nd column footnotes to appear below the
first - otherwise, who would want to use the WF switch?  And what should
WD do?  I assumed it would allow me to insert full-width diagrams etc. in
2-column text, but it appears to have no effect.

Thanks, R.

--
Robert Goulding
Society of Fellows