Re: [Groff] paper size selection

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] paper size selection
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:02:22 +0100 (CET)

> >o troff's start-up file `troffrc' now includes `papersize.tmac' to
> >   set the paper size with the command line option
> >   `-dpaper=<size>'.
>
> This is great! Any chance that grodvi would support the same
> mechanism in the future?

No.  papersize.tmac is for troff, not for output devices.  You
probably mean: Will grodvi also get a `-p' option to select the paper
size?  Answer: Yes.  :-)

grodvi will now emit

  \X'papersize=width,height'

on the first page; at least dvips understand this and selects the
proper paper.

> BTW, is paperlength used anywhere anymore? Else, I could prune it
> from the docs and supply a patch.

I won't remove the `paperlength' and `paperwidth' keywords from DESC.