Re: [Groff] problem with gv

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] problem with gv
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:43:31 +0000

Hi Werner,

> Please try the following with the current CVS:
>
>     groff -dpaper=b5l -P-pb5 -P-l -man groff_char.man > groff_char.ps
>
> While the document displays fine in gs, it is cropped in gv 3.5.8,
> regardless of the gs version.  Egil, can you check this?  Is this a
> bug in gv?  Is the code emitted by grops incorrect for landscape
> orientation?

I can't try CVS at the moment, but I've had this problem with gv before
without groff's involvement.  Using gs(1) to view the file gives correct
output.

    $ rpm -q enscript
    enscript-1.6.1-16.2
    $ rpm -q gv
    gv-3.5.8-18.7x
    $ enscript -2rB -p foo.ps /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/tmac/e.tmac
    [ 12 pages * 1 copy ] left in foo.ps
    1 lines were wrapped
    $ gv foo.ps     # chops off right hand side of page
    $ gs foo.ps     # all of page visible

Sending the file to a PostScript printer also results in correct output.

Doesn't prove the problem isn't groff, but suggests it may not be.

Cheers,

Ralph.