Re: [Groff] mm header/footer bug

From: Joergen Haegg
Subject: Re: [Groff] mm header/footer bug
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:45:56 +0100

In message <address@hidden> you write:

>>  However, I still think the line width should also be set
>>  properly in the header/footer environment; it would allow
>>  things like using PSPIC to include a logo in the header.
>
> I agree.  This seems to be an oversight in mm.

Actually, it was at least supposed to do that. :-)
Here is the code that initializes a new environment:

.de address@hidden
[code deleted]
.lt address@hidden
..

And here is the actual header printing code (simplified):

.       ev pg*tl-ev
.       address@hidden
'       sp 3
.       tl \\*[pg*header]
'       sp 2
.       ev

(Look for 'HEADER' in the code, that's a tag that I use to find
the header code quickly. :-)

I havn't had any time to actually test this, but "it should work". ;-)