Re: [Groff] output to input

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] output to input
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:36:23 +0000

Hi Lars,

> I have managed to erase the original file and all I have left is a
> file in this format. ( output from file ).
>
>     ditroff output text for xditview at 75dpi
>
> Is there any way to get this to ascii text ?

I tried

    echo 'abc\fBdef\fIghi' |
    troff -TX75 |
    sed -e '1s/ X75$/ ascii/' \
        -e '2s/ 75 1 1$/ 240 24 40/' \
        -e 's/\(x font [0-9][0-9]* \)T\([RBI]\)/\1\2/' |
    grotty

but that fails because a vertical motion intended for -TX75 isn't
suitable for -Tascii.

You can either keep playing along these lines, or write something to
`grok' ditroff, see groff_out(5).

Maybe there's something obvious I'm missing...

Cheers,

Ralph.