Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:40:18 -0500 (EST)

Alejandro Lopez-Valencia writes:

> Me too. I compiled my own client, because the old one hanged as well. I did
> naively think that it could be a bug in how the older cvs version handled
> zlib compression.

I already posted this but it doesn't seem to have made it to the list,
so I'll reiterate:  Some recent releases of CVS (around 1.11.2 or so)
when used in server mode did not interoperate properly with earlier CVS
clients using compression.  The symptom is a hung connection at the end
of the session.  This is fixed in the most recent release of CVS
(1.11.5).

-Larry Jones

My upbringing is filled with inconsistent messages. -- Calvin