Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:23:48 +0000

Hi Werner,

> Applied, thanks.  Please test.

Just to say that I, like someone else recently on the list, have just
experienced problems with updating from CVS.  This is on Red Hat 7.2
with cvs RPM cvs-1.11.1p1-8.7 -- I updated to this recently following a
security fix.

>From what I could see with strace the client was reading EOF from the
server but then forgot about that and tried to read again, blocking
(forever?).

I got around it by disabling compression, but that might just be
co-incidence if the problem comes and goes.

    cvs -f -q up -dP

I'm not saying it's a server problem, just letting people know of my
experience so we can see if there's a pattern.

Cheers,

Ralph.