[Groff] Re: Rotating an EPS file

From: David Barr
Subject: [Groff] Re: Rotating an EPS file
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:34:18 -0000

Here's a cheat that should do the trick: rotate the eps before it reaches groff (actually I don't know what groff is, but this works for me in every environment I've tried it in).

The way to do this is to edit the ascii version of the eps file i.e. upen it up in Notepad or some other text editor. You then have to do two things: first if your original is not square you'll have to change the shape of the bounding box, otherwise when you rotate the image you'll lose some of it. In my experience this means changing the line

%%BoundingBox: 0 0 651 791
(your last 2 numbers are likely to differ from these)

%%BoundingBox: 0 0 791 791

or something (the numbers are y,x coordinates for the lower left, and upper right corners respectively).

Second, perform the rotation. I'm sure there are better ways than this, but it works...change the line

LandFlag 1 ne {

LandFlag 0 ne {

Better backup the original though, particulalrly if you want to use it in its unrotated form anywhere.