Re: [Groff] Apparent weirdness with -ms's PO and LL

From: James J. Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Groff] Apparent weirdness with -ms's PO and LL
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:33:45 -0800 (PST)

--- Jorgen Grahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri Feb  7 06:00:51 2003,
> address@hidden wrote:
> So there should be a class of -ms documents out
> there which don't pair PO and
> .po -- maybe they just want slightly more narrow
> pages, centered on the paper.
> Apparently, these will not render as expected using
> groff.
>
> I wish I had the guts to provide a patch...

I attached a patch. Apply by cd'ing into the directory
where s.tmac lies and type "patch < s.tmac.diff".

The fix is actually really simple; just 1) move the
line ".nr PO \\n(.o" outside of the @init macro to
somewhere above any of macro definitions in s.tmac,
and 2) remove the extra backslash in front of \n(.o. I
tried it out and it seems to work fine.