Re: [Groff] UTP - should we use version control?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP - should we use version control?
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:13:58 +0000

Hi Jon,

> It's probably too late in the process for this to make much difference
> in the original project, but I think it's definitely a great idea for
> the update.

I think it should be there for the original `just transcribe' project
before we start updating the book.  That way, we can `branch' at the
release of the original book to fix any minor bugs as they come to
light.

> There's nothing to say, of course, that Larry (or someone who has
> access to a server) couldn't set up a CVS server for the current book,
> and then use that as a jumping off place for the update.

Larry and I have discussed this in the past.  I believe Larry is
currently waiting for me to push O'Reilly's lawyer on which `open'
licence they've settled on in order to get a project registered with
SourceForge or Savannah.

I'll go do just that.

Cheers,

Ralph.