Re: [Groff] need advice on choosing a macro

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: [Groff] need advice on choosing a macro
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:46:40 +0100

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:19:35AM +0100, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> > Can some one advise on which macro a newbie to g/troff should use?

There is a postscript introduction for the -ms macros. They
are easy to use; it's easy to add you own macros without
disturbing -ms. They are easy to hack for specific needs.
The -mm macros have many features, but if you don't like
exactly what they can do, it's sad :-( (it's much more
easy to make -ms do what they aren't intended to do that
-mm ;-) I don't know -me but they seem to be interesting.

I write more than 50% of my docs without any macro package:
when I write a letter with only one page for instance, or
any short document. Think of it, because troff basic syntax
already very powerful is.

--
Deux choses remplissent le coeur d'une admiration et d'une vénération
toujours nouvelles et toujours croissantes, à mesure que la réflexion