Re: [Groff] Building GROFF

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Building GROFF
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:08:37 +0100 (CET)

> I'll certainly try the latest snapshot. Where do I get it from?

  ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz

Note that this is a snapshot of the CVS and not a real `tarball',
i.e., you need additional utilities like yacc or a recent makeinfo to
make it build successfully.  If you have problems, I can do a `make
dist' and put the result temporarily to ffii.org.

> Does the tarball include a test suite of some sort which I could try?

Not really.  It builds some documentation files in the `doc'
subdirectory which you can use as a first test.  BTW, there is a high
chance that -Thtml will fail on OS/2.