[Groff] UTP - let's start indexing!

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] UTP - let's start indexing!
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:22:19 -0500

[For those of you just joining the list or returning
after a multi-month absence, some of the groff'ers
have been busily recreating the source to O'Reilly's
"Unix Text Processing." See the web page at the bottom
of this email for details.]

Start by grabbing the indexing package at
http://www.alltel.net/~kollar/utp/index.tar.gz

The tarball contains all the indexing scripts, and a
big file called index.txt that contains all the entries
for UTP. The file is fairly simple; it's a two-column
affair with page numbers on the left and entries on
the right.

Claim a chapter by posting here to the groff list (and
cc me just to make sure). I'll try to update the status
page daily, but if you're about to duplicate effort I'll
let you know. Download a fresh copy of the chapter
you've claimed.

Now, search for ".page 123" macros in the chapter.
Find the appropriate spot for each entry on page 123
(or whatever page, obviously), and insert the entries.
Replace the page and following tab with ".ix " like so:

.ix file management

Ladies and gentlemen, start your editors for the
final lap....

--
Larry Kollar        k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: the Revival