[Groff] Using third party type-1 fonts in groff

From: Ralph Graulich
Subject: [Groff] Using third party type-1 fonts in groff
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:42:45 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

after using troff for several years now for writing simple letters, just
cause it's clean, easy and fast, I delved into the depths of what troff
and its macro packages can provide.

I plan on adding a interface to my horse breeding database, so visitors
can directly download a nifty PDF file of a specific entry, just like in
the printed volumes of books available.

This worked really well so far and made lots of fun, but now I can't live
with only HNB and TR, but need to include some special fonts, like
"Helvetica Narrow Ultra Condensed" and a special symbolic font I created
with Fontographer.

Is there any documentation on how to dis- and reassemble a Type-1 Font for
use with groff? Maybe some step-by-step tutorial? - If there's no tutorial
available, I am willing to write one, if someone guides me into the right
direction :)

Thanks for keeping troff alive - truely fascinating and the tool of my
choice!

Kinds regards
... Ralph ...