[Groff] Re: -mm equations (revisited)

From: Janez Žemva
Subject: [Groff] Re: -mm equations (revisited)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:39:51 +0100

> No, that sounds correct.  The label is left-aligned starting at the end
> of the normal line.  This is how equation labels are normally placed.
> The display alignment only affects the equation, not the label.
>
> What output did you desire?

I wanted -ms like output. For example:

This is a paragraph.
-ms does this:
a+b=c            (1)
-mm does this
a+b=c              (1)

The left -mm bracket is aligned wrongly IMHO (I've never seen something similar
in any article or book).

As for me submitting patches;

I'd love to. But do there exist any good groff macro writing tutorials. The
only one I know of is UTP. Furthermore... -ms and -mm use groff-only features,
so ... I'd prefer to submit my own "extension" macro, rather than change an
existing one.

About the paragraph line style, it's effect looks like this:
This is a paragraph.

(line above a paragraph)

This is a paragraph.

(line below a paragraph). Similar to underline, just that it underlines a whole
paragraph, not a given set of words.

Janez Žemva