Re: [Groff] groff documentation

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff documentation
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:38:16 -0500

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:53:31PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Heh!  That's the first time I've ever seen info's interface
> > described as easy.
>
> Recent versions have really improved IMHO.  Incremental search with
> C-s in standalone info is great.  The same for the `i' key to search
> index entries.

You're probably right--I was mainly being a smart ass.  I stopped using
info a long time ago because the interface was so bad.  These days I
use tkinfo when I have to peruse info files, it's not too bad.  At the
end of the day though, I really prefer man pages.  I'm sure that doesn't
surprise you, Werner; you know what a traditionalist I am.

Jon Snader