Re: [Groff] mm EQN?

From: P . Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] mm EQN?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:01:40 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janez ®emva" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 7:51 AM
Subject: [Groff] mm EQN?

> The man pan on EQ says:
> EQ [label]
> Equation start.  EQ/EN are the delimiters for equations  written
> for  eqn.   EQ/EN must be inside a DS/DE-pair, except when EQ is
> only used to set options in eqn.  The label will appear  at  the
> right  margin  of  the equation, unless number register Eq is 1.
> Then the label will appear at the left margin.
>
> Does this mean I need to use .EQ with the following prologue?
> .DS I
> .EQ blah blah
> .EN
> .DE

That's correct. In mm ll preprocessor enviroments must be enclosed in a
display if you want automatic numbering and proper horizontal placement.
This is very different to ms or me.

Yet, you have somethin incorrect in your example. .EQ/.EN must stand on
their own. Preprocessor code goes in-between. That is:

.DS I
.EN
blah blah
.EN
.EC "This equation gives an algebraic description of the meaning of life."
.DE