Re: [Groff] UTP - Beta2 is up

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP - Beta2 is up
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:20:26 -0500

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:31:58AM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> It's looking really good.
>
> Some initial comments based on the original:
>
>     Page 2, listing the trademarks, shouldn't have a page number.
>
>     The following page 3 is blank, and shouldn't exist.
>
>     The next page, also page 3, is the start of the TOC.  We have
>     Roman numeral page numbers, the original has no page numbers, but I
>     don't think this matters much and probably prefer our version.
>
>     Our Preface has page `9' at its foot and against its TOC entry, but
>     the original uses Roman numerals still, so it should be `ix' in
>     both.  Otherwise the TOC looks weird since Preface is p. 9, Chapter
>     1 underneath it is p. 1.

Hi Ralph,

When I made the last changes to the macros and did the TOC, I used the
last tarball since the new one wasn't up yet.  Looking at the results
from that, I don't see any of the above problems.  Perhaps some of the
last minute changes in the source messed things up.  I have downloaded
the new tarball and will investigate the above.  If I have to make any
changes, I will also fix the one remaining error message that we get when
typesetting the book.

Jon Snader