[Groff] groff man page blank

From: Zoong PHAM
Subject: [Groff] groff man page blank
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:15:27 +1100

I installed groff-1.18.1 on Solaris 8.0 and Tru64 (Digital UNIX) 5.1
both using GNU compiler and make.

  PAGE=A4 ./configure; make; make install

But I can't see groff's man page anymore:
  $ man groff
  Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done
  $

The 2 boxes didn't have any version of groff installed before.

I also tried these and still can't see the man page.

  PAGE=A4 ./configure; make; make install tmac_wrap=""
  ./configure; make; make install tmac_wrap=""

However, I can view other man pages like grops, grog

Does anyone know why?

Cheers,
--
Zoong PHAM                 UNIX Systems Administrator
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc. Melbourne - Australia