Re: [Groff] strike through fonts?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] strike through fonts?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:46:59 +0000

Hi Larry,

> On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 12:18 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Hi, I'm using groff to work on legal docs with lawyers and they want
> > old/new markups where they can see what the old stuff was but it is
> > struck through like Word does.

Tim Peters' ndiff.py that comes as part of recent Pythons in
Tools/scripts should be useful.  Unlike diff's algorithm, it strives to
produce useful diffs for humans, e.g. `the digit 2 changed to a 3 in
this line' as opposed to `these two lines are different, you work out
how'.

It takes more CPU time doing it though, inevitably.

Cheers,

Ralph.