Re: [Groff] strike through fonts?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] strike through fonts?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 21:57:51 -0500

On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 12:18 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:

Hi, I'm using groff to work on legal docs with lawyers and they want
old/new markups where they can see what the old stuff was but it is
struck through like Word does.

There are a couple of old scripts in the comp.sources archives
that add changebars -- nrchbar is one of them (and is easy to find
since the name is unique :-).

I understand what you want to do is quite a bit more complex,
but you might be able to adapt nrchbar as a start.

Another possibility -- process diff's output to identify what changed
at the word level then use that to display the changes....

When I've had to examine changes that closely, I stretch my xterm
window really wide & use diff --side-by-side -W160 file1 file 2.

        Larry (the other one :-)