Re: [Groff] offset scaling with .bd

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] offset scaling with .bd
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:24:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ralph,

>> > And in the front reference pages lists it as `.bd S F N', which is
>> > wrong.
>>
>> They show two different uses for .bd. One is the one I copied before,
>> and the other says:
>>
>>  .bd S F N            "Embolden Special Font when current font is F."
>>
>> so perhaps .bd looks at the number of arguments?
>
>You're completely right.  I didn't see CSTR 54 had two entries for .bd.
>
>Sorry.

No big deal.

I had to reprint a bunch of old documents that use the .bd command
and found the problem. It would be interesting if people in this
newsgroup would list/contribute any difference or problem they find
in printing older (non-gnu) troff documents to build a FAQ. That
way it would be very straightforward to convert these old sources
to groff. For those of the cowboy type, even a script can be written
to automatically modify some of these commands.

Cheers,

Dan