Re: [Groff] Color and older PS printers

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] Color and older PS printers
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

>     I have an aged QMS PS 410 laser (along with others) on my

I think mine is even older (QMS 810, circa 1989).

>     network.  Postscript generated with the 1.18.1 groff failes
>     to print on this device--that generated with 1.17.2 has no
>     problem.

I wonder how you do to print other postcript files (not those
generated by groff).

In general I use ghoscript with the following statement:

gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r300 -sDEVICE=psmono -sOutputFile=-  filename > out.ps

This works for everything, but is sloooooowwwwww (bit mapped).

Cheers,

Dan