[Groff] Problem process UTP source

From: Zoong PHAM
Subject: [Groff] Problem process UTP source
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:21:37 +1000

Hi all,

I installed groff-1.18.1 yesterday on Solaris 8.0
I downloaded the UTP set of macros and the markup source of UTP.
from http://www.alltel.net/~kollar/utp/.

I received the following error when tried to process a chapter:
  $ groff -pt -ms utp.t ch04.t > test.ps
  utp.mac:16: warning: numeric expression expected (got `a')
  utp.mac:20: error: end of file while defining macro `pa'

It happens with any chapters so I think it is something with my
settings:

  $ groff --version
  GNU groff version 1.18.1
  GNU groff comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
  You may redistribute copies of groff and its subprograms
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
  For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

  called subprograms:

  GNU troff (groff) version 1.18.1
  GNU grops (groff) version 1.18.1

And here is the way I compiled groff:
  PAGE=A4 ./configure; make; ,make check; make install

I just found out I can't man groff anymore:
  $ man groff
  Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done
  $

Any help would be very appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Zoong PHAM                 UNIX Systems Administrator
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc. Melbourne - Australia