Re: [Groff] grn update

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] grn update
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

Werner,

>The `.st' command is emitted by grn itself; due to lack of knowledge I
>haven't changed this -- all troff variants I know of don't have this
>primitive.  Do you know what .st (and its friend .sc) will do, and
>which troff version it comes from?

These primitives have been dragged on my text files since the epoch
and I never knew exactly what their actions were.

I just grep'ed 'de sc' and 'de st' in my old ditroff directory. I
found something on .sc but although it mentions .st as related to
the stipple selection I cannot find the definition itself. This
ditroff is from Berkeley circa 1982. Below you'll find the files
that mention this.  If I can be of any further help let me know.

Cheers,

Dan