Re: [Groff] latin2.tmac

From: kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] latin2.tmac
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:49:37 -0500

> BTW: I also have som other nagging questions:
>
>  - How old is groff (don't forget to add troff time to this?) actually?

See http://www.troff.org/history.html -- in a nutshell, the first troff version
was written in
1973. Precursors to troff go back into the 1960s, predating Unix.

> what is the worst kind of machine it is capable to compile/run on?

I compiled a fairly recent (pre-1.18 snapshot) version on a 486 with 8MB of RAM
and a 2.0.mumble
Linux kernel. Oh wait, you said "worst," not "oldest." It has been ported to
Windows.

        Larry