Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:41:24 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> ???  In groff(7), the description of \f uses \f[font] (but \F[fam]).

>> Do I need to use
>>
>> .fp 10 TIPA
>>
>> somewhere in the preamble in order to use "\f[TIPA]\N'xxx'\fP?
>
> No.  Can you please double-check your example?  Otherwise, send me
> your font file for testing.

Yesterday was one of those days when you wake up with the CPU off. :)
Reading the files again this morning that I had made several typos in my
files. Yet, they didn't parse in my mind (it just said 'does not
compute, Will Robinson, does not compute' ;).

This example file does work:

.sp 1.5in
.ll 4.5in
.PP
This is a test.
An this is part of the same test.
.br
.sp 4l
This should be \(lqepsilonrighthook\(rq:
.ft TIPA
\N'69'
.ft
.br
.sp 2l
This should be too:
\N'0105'
.ft P
.sp 4l
.PP
This is another test.
.br
.sp 4l
This should be \(lqepsilonrighthook\(rq: \f[TIPA]\N'69'\f[].
This one too: \f[TIPA]\N'0105'\f[].