Re: [Groff] gpresent problem (revisited)

From: Bob Diertens
Subject: Re: [Groff] gpresent problem (revisited)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:53:19 +0200

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 02:44:54AM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> hi all,
>
> some time ago I read the gpresent problem was solved, so I promptly
> uninstalled groff-1.17 and lo and behold... It still does not work with
> 1.18! Maybe with the development version? (i.e. groff-current)
>
> Anyhow, can anyone help... I do not want to deinstall 1.18. Pointers to a
> patched gpresent package would be highly welcome...
>
> ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/contrib/ does not contain anything.

Well, I'm working on the next release. It will be there soon.
In the meantime you can use the present version with the following
changes (as posted before to this list):

Make the following changes in tmac.present:
    line 413
        .nr pg*footer-size 3
        .nr pg*footer-size 3v
    line 417
        .nr pg*footer-size \\$
        .nr pg*footer-size (v;\\$1)

This solves the problem with the recursive call of address@hidden

But the header on the first page is ''%''.
This is caused by a bug in the mm macros
Make the following change in gm.tmac:
    line 1409 (macro VM)
        .el \{
        .el \{\

This last change also resolves problems with ps2pdf (at least it is
working here).

If you applied these changes and still encounter some problems,
please let me know.

Greetings,
    Bob