Re: [Groff] grohtml indentation problems.

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] grohtml indentation problems.
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:38:17 +0100

> . `.IP' following a `.TP' macro isn't handled properly, yielding
>   different indentation values.  grohtml starts a new table which is
>   not necessary at all.  A simple <p> would suffice (and improve the
>   optical appearance).
>
>   I don't know whether this can be catched on the troff level; perhaps
>   you have to add some guiding code to the definition of .IP in
>   an-old.tmac to fix this.

possibly - I was wondering whether the detection of internal col tags
into tables in post-grohtml should be altered. The code is complex and
I think would benefit from a rewrite into a more functional style. I
suspect it should be able to cope with the senario given above given
an overhaul. Alternatively as you suggest a higher level tag could be
issued which might make post-grohtml simpler, I'll explore

Gaius