[Groff] Re: formatting bugs in grohtml

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Re: formatting bugs in grohtml
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:03:35 +0100

> . The 'in trick fails miserably.  Can you fix this?  I think I've
>   reported this already ages ago, but I forgot to insist :-)

I think so.. it looks like double indentation is occuring. I'll investigate.
I've noticed several indentation bugs - the UTP project when processed with
-Thtml also causes grohtml indentation to break.

> . I think most browsers use automaticlly a monospaced font for
>   <pre>...</pre>, but groff doesn't do this for `.nf'.  Can grohtml
>   avoid monospaced fonts?  This probably means that <pre> should be
>   avoided, replaced with something different (&nbsp; and tables, I
>  think).

I suspect <pre> </pre> should only be used when groff is performing .nf and
using the courier font family. It would be easy to make grohtml use &nbsp
and any other font + <br>, less easy to utilize tables (unless tabs are
in the original source).

Gaius